Fire guts Federal Secretariat| No casualties recorded

A section of the Federal Secretariat building in Abuja housing the Ministry of Health was Saturday gutted by fire. Though, spokesman of the service, Collins Elechi was not immediately available for comments as he was said to be busy,it was gathered that the incident was as a result of an electrical surge. Some health officials however told journalists that the damage was much. It would be recalled that a similar power surge had destroyed several home appliances in some parts of Kubwa on Wednesday.

ALSO READ  11 confirmed dead as Suicide bombers hit Maiduguri

A spokesperson for the Fire Service who spoke to Channels TV said they weren’t alerted until 30 minutes after the fire had started, but they were able to stop the fire before it spread to neighboring buildings.

Share is Caring
21
Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.